A woman who cannot be ugly is not beautiful.
~Karl Kraus

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to the "Perfect" Body Blog!
Before my first in depth post I felt a little intro was needed. As our creator covers Advertising and the beauty concepts around the world; my posts shall focus on the negative effects TV & magazines have had in shaping the concept of the ideal body image in the minds of our youth.
This alarming trend in media is establishing a "thin ideal" in children as early as 6 years old and causes many researchers to believe that mass media plays a crucial role in body dissatisfaction, disordered eating habits and possibly depression.

Also I will be making posts to the Things to think about: tab on the right side of your screen. They will provide a little insight into my upcoming blogs and give everyone the chance to discover some new information.

Thanks,
Phil

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the time line at the bottom of the blog. I think it is a really creative way to post images and information.

    ReplyDelete